We've been raising another big patch of sweet corn for the kids to sale. We've learned that you can't have corn without critters. So with our bumper crop of corn, we have also had a bumper crop of skunks. After taking seven, we hope there is not much more increase of yield in that department.
We had a close call the other day. The kids and I were loaded on the 4-wheeler, headed to pick corn. We drove down one of the rows, only to find a skunk feet away with it's tail in the air. I let out a crippled scream and gunned the 4 wheeler out of there. I'm glad to report it was WHEW, instead of PHEW That would have been bad, very bad. Apparently there was a trap there (good to know.) What a heart pounder. I still shake thinking about it.
Thursday, September 02, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment