Since they were no longer accommodating nursing infants at Women's Conference, I figured I'd be staying home. But my sister made some babysitting arrangements with her friends so I could be part of the get away. Further more, this same sister had hookups with a place to stay too.This Aggie felt like a foreigner on campus and a freshman all over trying to find the right buildings. Campus was beautiful with the trees, tulips, and daffodils blooming. It was cold and windy so we bee lined it to where we had to go.
Some of the highlights for me included:
-Sister Beck's opening message on prioritizing: essential things, necessary things, fun to do things
-service projects during classes (At least then when your class was boring, you didn't feel like it was a total waste of time.) Nik and I worked on memory boxes for parents who lose infants and then cut out 'procedure dolls' that are used in hospitals to show children when they have to have procedures done.

-introduction to Cafe Zupa
-hiking to the "Y" early on our snowy Friday
The best part was coming home and having my husband admit that "It was hard. You do a lot."Thanks to everyone who watched kids and helped so I could go.
2 comments:
I feel like "She who cannot be named."
It was a good time-- thanks for joining us.
Sister Beck talked about that at the Relief Society general training too...I loved the idea that if I put things in order I will get to do the fun things too...I don't know if this counts though, since I am sitting here on the computer with lots of other stuff to do!
Post a Comment